Firm News

Firm-News-Default

Sokol Law Firm settles injury case against pharmacy

The client was an 8 year old boy who was bitten by a rat.  At the ER, the treating physician wrote a prescription for a non-Penicillin antibiotic (Zithromax), as the child had a severe Penicillin allergy.

The boy’s mother dropped off the prescription at a local pharmacy that they often used. A pharmacist filled the prescription incorrectly, giving the boy Penicillin.

Upon arriving home, the mother gave the boy a first dose without carefully reading the bottle.  When her son commented that it tasted good, she looked at the bottle and realized that a mistake had been made.

Shortly thereafter, the boy suffered a severe allergic reaction requiring him to seek emergency treatment.

Pharmacists can be held liable for their mistakes and, like doctors, can even be held liable for medical malpractice under certain circumstances.

The terms of the settlement are confidential.

 

Posted in

Settlements

Funeral Home Negligence

$50,000 Recovery. Funeral home cremated clients’ father by mistake prior to Catholic vigil and viewing.  Settlement was reached prior to…

Read More

Firm News

The Sokol Law Firm settles hospital negligence case

August 26, 2015

Our client was a 12 year old boy who, with his family, was visiting a relative in the hospital. While in…

Read More

Testimonials

George M.

October 21, 2013

“Ms. Sokol met with us regarding an extremely sensitive and personally hurtful matter.  Within moments of our initial meeting, Ms. Sokol…

Read More